MIST E-R interest for cosmetics and dermocosmetics develops to best meet the latest market needs based on the consumption of organic, natural and environmentally sustainable products.
Therefore MIST E-R uses a formulation R&D laboratory dedicated to the preparation of both classic and innovative formulations we call Short INCI List, ie containing few multi-functional raw materials, especially of natural origin.
A multi-functional raw material is an ingredient able to perform both a chemical-physical function in the formulation (emulsifier, surfactant, gelling agent, humectant …) and a specific biological activity (antioxidant, antiaging, protective …) for the site of application of the final product (body, hair, nails, face …).
In this context, R&D activities include:
- In-depth study of raw materials both from a technical-scientific point of view (chemical-physical properties, stability …) and from a regulatory point of view (references: EU Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009, European Federation of Cosmetic Ingredients, European Chemical Legislation Reach and CLP)
- Development of the formulation (prototype of a cosmetic/dermocosmetic product)
- Study of the chemical-physical stability of the prototype in particular storage conditions (temperature, UV exposure)
- Accelerated studies of chemical-physical stability in centrifuge (above all to immediately evaluate the activity of a new emulsifying system)
- Chemical-physical characterization (visual analysis under the microscope, pH, density, refractive index) of the prototype
- Analysis of rheological properties (viscosity, consistency, spreadability).
- The knowledge of the rheological parameters of the prototypes allows also to make predictive studies of:
- stability over time
- application site (ex: hands, body, face …)
- choice of the most suitable container for the product (tube, spray …).