SAMBA is an industrial project of research and development proposed by MEDICA S.p.A. and approved for calls POR-FESR 2014-2020 ‘ASSE 1 Ricerca e Innovazione. MIST E-R is a technological partner of this project.
SAMBA is a project oriented to develop innovative and custom biomedical devices, as well as therapeutic and diagnostic approaches. In this context, Medica S.p.A offers new composed materials based on Medisulfone® fibres being a substrate for functionalization with specific molecules (antibodies, antigens, proteins, etc.) able to bind selective bio-targets. The functionalization of Medisulfone® fibres can produce medical devices for different treatments such as the apheresis of plasma for:
- Therapies of chronic anti-inflammatory diseases of auto-immune origin
- Remedy of neuro-degenerative or genetic diseases
- Selection of cells defined by expression of a specific antigen or of a receptor (es. selection of staminal cells).
- Identification of a functionalization process of Medisulfone® fibres
- Development of adsorbent devices such as prototypes and in-vitro testing
- Design and realization of a pilot line for functionalization of cartridges containing Medisulfone®
- Development of a device for apheresis with software for selective adsorption of bio-molecules.