We develop technologies, study solutions, and create prototypes designed for industrialization and application in companies. We do this in two ways: by participating in public calls (Regional, National, European) and on a commission basis when a company chooses us.
On top of these activities, our researchers work on independent projects researching, investigating, and developing innovative solutions to submit to those companies interested in being more and more competitive and at pace with a constantly evolving world.
We are based in the Research Area of the CNR (National Research Council) in Bologna and are therefore in close contact with institutes, infrastructures, and scientists of the largest Italian national research organization. This strategic location allows us to connect companies with the CNR staff working all over the country.
We are active players in the digital transformation of manufacturing and services. We design and develop devices, technologies, and solutions to generate, collect and process data using Artificial Intelligence.
- Electronic board design and assembly
- Design of microelectronic devices
- Microcontroller programming
- CAD design using SolidWorks
- Fabrication of functional prototypes using FDM and SLA printers
- Characterization and selection of materials
- Combined FDM-SLA approach
- Processing of data collected by sensors and imaging devices
- Predictive models
- Multiphysics simulations (mechanical, optical, and thermal)
- Implementation and deployment of custom algorithms
- Design and implementation of custom optical, MEMS, and RF sensors
- Integration of commercial and custom sensors
- Advanced lighting engineering
- Immersive stereoscopic filming (3D 8K 360)
- Realization of interactive experiences in VR, developing on the most popular platforms and fruition systems (Unreal Engine, Unity 3D, Meta ecosystem…)
- Augmented reality solutions for industry, museum institutions and crafts
- Digitization of environments and objects, with a view to remote fruition, maintenance and analysis
- Solutions for the metaverse
- Integration of real-time sensors
Our Virtual Studio is in line with the most current broadcast standards and includes: a panoramic green screen (180°+), 4k director and cameras, ambisonic microphone, led lighting on beams, lighting control system and workstation to handle video streams up to 8k.
- Device Design
- Edge and Cloud Computing
The development of new technologies and innovative approaches are geared toward sustainable growth with potential benefits for multiple sectors of the surrounding communities.
Support for the industrialization of innovative materials:
- Graphene and other 2D materials also functionalized
- Food waste-based Biomaterials
- Functionalized nanostructured materials for medical applications
- Thin-film and organic materials and devices for photovoltaic applications
- Magnetocaloric materials for refrigeration and air conditioning applications
Study of processes and/or products to demonstrate their environmental sustainability.
The methodology involves quantifying and ranking the potential environmental impacts associated with a product, process or system by analyzing it over its entire life cycle, i.e., from raw material extraction to end of life.
Want to better understand what the LCA study is and what it is used for?
- Study and development of sustainable packaging materials
- Artificial intelligence solutions for optimizing combustion processes of gas blends containing hydrogen
- Studies for optimization of processes for domestic and industrial machines.
- IoT devices for monitoring air, water, soil, crop and food quality
- LoRa data communication systems for agricultural field applications
Aside from strengthening the competitiveness of companies and the production system, we think research and innovation can pursue objectives of significant social impact, fostering social inclusion and improving life quality.